Monday, 27 September 2010

Moses Basket Quilt

Today I finally got round to taking photos of the Moses Basket quilt. This was made using scraps of fabric in my stash because I wanted to see how this design turned out. Making the blocks was easy enough but when I came to sew them together I realised most of the fabrics were on the bias which didn't make it quite so easy. The quilt probably turned out a bit smaller than expected as a result because I had to trim off more to try and square the edges. I quilted across the whole quilt using a free hand method.

I had quite a lot of fairy fabric in the stash so that became the back of the quilt. You can also see some of the quilting in this photo.
I'm now back knitting again and will hopefully show a couple of the cardigans soon.