Wednesday 9 July 2008

What's in my Suitcase

Day 3's prompt for blogging was "What's in your Suitcase". I suppose it depends on where I'm travelling to but I think I have got better over the years and I don't pack as much as I used to. I got tired of bringing home half a suitcase of clothes that I hadn't worn so I cut down on what I take. However, there still always seems to be plenty to remember.

Clothes (enough for about 4 or 5 days - when we're staying with family I wash and reuse)

Shoes - maximum 3 pairs; sandals, comfy and smart

Swimming costume if there's a chance we'll be swimming

A towel

Toiletries

Contact Lens stuff

My glasses - normal and sunglasses

Suncreams

My camera - a must have

A book

Notebook and Pen

A spare bag for my scrapbooking stash/magazines/etc. that I buy while we're there.

I don't have any photos of suitcases or things to go inside suitcases so I thought I'd post a few photos from my trip to New York in 2005. Louise, my SIL, and I went for a long weekend - I was totally exhausted by the end of it but I'm so glad I've been. We did the downtown open top bus ride but didn't get to do the uptown one so I still need to go back again so I can see Central Park etc. I guess I'll have to add it to my list ;o)


Yellow cabs

Statue of Liberty from the ferry to Staten Island (and Michaels Store)

Times Square

xx

6 comments:

  1. I followed the link from Shimelle's class :) Fab photos of New York. I'd really love to visit there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the New York photos. Like Amanda I've not got there yet, but it is probably my dream location at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spare bag for things you buy.... that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O yes, NY... great place to be! I went three times already and it's one of my fav places! Love the buzz going on there... such a special atmosphere... if you have the chance again to go, go on a sunday to central park... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rhona! I've been enjoying your posts and photos. Chicago is just a 6-hour drive from where I live. If you ever go again, we will have to meet up! :o) Emily's ginger snaps look quite yummy!

    Thanks for the 4th of July wishes!

    ReplyDelete