Monday 4 August 2008

A couple more layouts

My scrapbooking continued over the weekend and with the weather being pretty miserable yesterday it was probably the best thing to do.
I've wanted to do a layout of Claire and Emily as bridesmaids. They had wanted to bridesmaids for ages and finally got the chance when their Aunt Debbie got married last year.

Journaling reads: Claire and Emily finally became Bridesmaids for the first time when Debbie and Dave got married. The run up to the wedding was just as exciting for the girls as they got to choose the material for the dresses and find shoes and accessories .They had dress fittings at Deborah’s house and attended the kitchen tea at Angie’s. Claire came to do their hair on the morning of the wedding and they got dressed at the Effingham Park hotel. It was a beautiful day and one they’ll always remember (especially seeing as it was on Emily’s 11th birthday!) 29 September 2007

The next layout was made because I was looking through the photos from our trip to Chicago in 2001 and they made me smile so much. I liked so many of them and couldn't decide which to use for a LO for my general album so I decided to use lots and this is the result.




I love the way it turned out and have now decided to go through photos of previous holidays and use the same layout again. I thought I could have an album of holidays and each holiday would have a two page spread. I tend to make a mini album of the holidays as well but this would be holidays at a glance.

Let me know what you think.

xx

6 comments:

  1. Love these LOs. The bridesmaid one is so elegant! Love the mosaic holiday idea. I have so many boxes of holiday photos which I'm too scared to look at! The mosaic look would get through a lot of them in one easy go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LOs look lovely. I also like a simple style rather than too many bits - it detracts from the main focus which should be the photos. Wish I had time to get stuck into mine. I feel quite envious when I see yours. LOL Norma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layouts Mum, very nice.
    I especially like the one of Emily and me as bridesmaids, the detail you put into it was very nice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do wish I had some of your energy Rhona. As you (and Norma) know only too well, my Scrapbook still has not been updated since Norma was here last year, never mind this year. Ah well, someday, maybe.
    Love, Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful l/o w/ the girls! Love the close-up shots too! Great idea! Also love the clean look of Chi-Town l/o!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bridesmaids layout is brilliant, love how you used the 3 smaller photos with the details of shoes, flowers and necklace ...

    As for your holiday idea, it's fab!!! You've inspired me, I will seriously have to look into this when I get back! :D :D

    ReplyDelete