Tuesday 19 August 2008

Let's get rid of the garage photos!!!

We've finally done something where I've taken some photos so I can post and move the garage photos from the top of the blog :o)
This morning I was quite proud of myself - I learnt two new things ;o). First of all, Photoshop Elements keeps telling me I should back up my photos and I keep telling it to remind me next time because I didn't know how to do it. Today I decided it was time for me to learn!! I've always just asked Jon to do a back up for me and not bothered with what's involved. However, with my new computer (well 3 months old!) it basically does it all for me. All I had to do was put in the DVDs (yes, it took 4 DVDs to get all my photos backed up!), verify that they'd been done properly and then insert the next one for it to continue. Fantastic!!! However, I then realised I needed to put what was on them on the DVD and I couldn't find a permanent pen. So .... I learnt how to print labels on my printer. I have a Canon Pixma IP4500 (which I think is great!) which has a special tray to put the DVDs on and then prints directly on to them. I was so bad I didn't even know for sure where the tray was supposed to go. However, with a bit of research on the net, I found out all I needed to know and managed to print them out. I love it when I learn something new that makes my life easier!! :oD
To prove the above, here's a photo
For lunch, the girls and I met up with my "Thursday coffee morning" friends. We try to go out for a lunch with the children once during the holidays and we like to go to Prezzos. The food is delicious and today was no exception - though I had wondered if I would feel like I was missing out because I was watching my points, but I didn't. I had Spaghetti Napoletana and it was lovely. I had my camera with me and took a few photos. They haven't turned out brilliantly because I had to use the flash inside.

Lesley, Carol and Carol Sarah, Cathy and Karen

Pam Emma and Claire

Emily and me
I didn't get a photo of the boys table but Elliott, Michael, Stuart and Andrew were all there as well.
A quick trip round the shops after lunch and then home to drop Claire off before heading to the park to meet Carol, Elliott, Emma, Emma's boyfriend Anthony, Jake and Leah (Carol had been to pick Jake and Leah up from Alison's). Not long after we got to the park, Emily's friend Rebecca arrived and I think she was quite pleased to have a girl her own age there. More photos.

Emily, Rebecca and ElliottJake Rebecca and Emily Leah was about ready to go home by now

After Carol left with Leah, Emma and Anthony; Jake, Emily and Elliott had their own little game of cricket until we at around 6pm. A busier, more fun filled day than we've had recently. I hope the long post will make up for the lack of posts the past few days ;o) and if you're still reading, well done, thanks for persevering!!

xx

3 comments:

  1. I agree that it is nice to get rid of the garage photos - they remind me of what I need to do, not that I have a garage! Looks like you had a lovely day. All very relaxed - that's what holidays are for.I like the pretty flowers on the DVD's and well done for learning somethig new! LOL Norma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever girl Rhona, your perseverence paid off! You make me feel quite ashamed at my lack of trying things out, I don't even kknow how to put a photograph on to anything on the computer. One day I may be brave enough to experiment. What a lovely day you had yesterday, it's so nice to see friends keeping in touch during the holidays. Love, Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day you had! It looked like a very nice and relaxing day with friends.

    Rhona, I admire you for backing up your photos like. That reminds me that most of mine are still here on my old computer. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete