Wednesday 10 March 2010

Our morning dog walk

On our dog walk this morning I remembered to take my camera. We don't do a terribly long walk but we are lucky that we live in quite pretty surroundings. This field can be seen just down the road from us and a lot of people walk their dogs there. It also stretches up behind the houses just behind us and we can access it from there too.
A little bit further on and you can see the old Manor House through the trees.
This garden is on our route and is well looked after. At the moment the snowdrops are all coming out and there's a mass of white snowdrops just waiting to open.
On the homeward stretch. The red postbox on the right is just behind Mum and Dad's house (their's is the one with the hedge) and this morning Dad was in his bedroom and waved as we walked past. :o)
This was taken once we got home. My face looks quite red but I have to admit that it wasn't particularly from exertion, it was because it was bitterly cold this morning. My nose and chin felt quite numb by the time we got back. This is also why there aren't any more photos, my hands were freezing and I wanted to keep them in my pockets as much as possible. I guess next time I'll have to remember to take my gloves and hat!
I think even Cloud was quite happy to get home - though she knows that she gets a doggy treat once we get inside.
xx

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk you have! I walk each morning through our neighborhood but it's not as rural as yours - nothing but sidewalks and cement. I love walking in the morning, and now I'm jealous of your scenery! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks as though it is much colder there than it is here! No need for hats and mits here right now. They had forecast snow the last couple of days but it never happened and the temps are back up thankfully. It's been a very strange Winter.

    Nice to see another picture of you - is this in response to your Mom on yesterdays post???? Two new pictures of you today :)

    I have some fake snowdrops on my kitchen windowsill - that my Mom sent me - they are in a little jug - but the funny thing is - they have opened up!!! It's quite strange - I guess it must be the humidity in the kitchen lol but they've really opened up wide!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous locality - love those snowdrops! And great to see a pic of you x

    ReplyDelete