Saturday 26 December 2009

Mum's Christmas Surprise

As those of you who have read my blog for a while will know, for Dad's 80th birthday, in September, I made a lap quilt. I told Mum at the time that she had another couple of years before it was her turn to receive one ;o). However, while making the quilts for Christmas, I decided it would be the ideal time to make one for Mum too. I knew she wouldn't be expecting one and she has always loved the ones I have made. On Christmas morning I was looking forward to seeing her reaction.
Opening the present " Is this what I think it is?"
Finally getting a look at it.
Mum has always liked pastel shades so that was what I used for her quilt
Closer up
.
I was glad that Mum liked it and am glad I don't have to keep it a secret any more :o)
xx

3 comments:

  1. I love my quilt and, yes, it was a great surprise. Thank you so much Rhona, you know me so well!. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww it's beautiful - I know you were working hard to get it finished and it looks as though it is well loved already :) Very beautiful! I have three quilts that are half finished - I am terrible at starting projects and not finishing them! My Sons cot quilt is half finished and he is now 14!!!! My Sisters quilt for her 30th birthday is not finished and she is now almost 42!!!

    Rhona's Mom - your quilt is beautiful! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jane, it is, isn't it. You sound a bit like me over starting projects and never finishing. Rhona would tell you that I have a Scrapbook page that has been waiting to be finished for I don't know how long. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete