Wednesday 20 January 2010

Guess what we got today

More snow!!!! I thought it was going to miss our part of the country because on the weather report they'd said north and west of London and we're south and east. I've since been told other reports warned of heavy snow here and I guess they were right! This is the most recent photo. I went to my friend Alison's this morning for coffee and while we were sitting catching up (we had plenty to talk about as I haven't seen her since before Christmas) the snow started coming down heavier and heavier. I didn't think it would lie because the ground is still quite damp from the last snow melting - guess I was wrong!
I have to admit that, despite not wanting more snow, it is so pretty to watch it come down - especially when you get the big flakes. Can you tell this is still quite a novelty for me?? Living in South Africa for 26 years while growing up, in a climate where it never got cold enough for you to need a coat, it was quite a change coming to live in the UK. Even now, 19 years later, I am still in awe of the changing seasons and they still fascinate me, year after year. I don't know if I'll ever take them for granted.
xx

2 comments:

  1. One of the things I used to miss in South Africa was the changing of the seasons, for we lived in a sub-tropical area. Well, I'm certainly getting all the changes now, although this is the first time I have seen so much snow since we came back 14 years ago. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hideous stuff! None for us in West London, but outside is as miserable as sin. :(

    ReplyDelete