Saturday 5 September 2009

A quick review

I know I haven't done terribly well with the blogging this week but thought I'd do a quick review of what we've been up to. Wednesday was my friend Alison's birthday. I spent the morning at home doing some catch up with washing, ironing and housework but in the afternoon, Emily and I went round to Alison's for tea and cake. I always enjoy going there because it feels like home - I've spent many an hour there over the years ;o). Ali and Leah had made the birthday cake the night before and Leah and Jake iced it for her in the morning. I had to take a photo of the cake before we got stuck in and I love the way you can see a Bratz doll head and the Tigger mug in the background. Yes, feels like home (though we don't have the Bratz dolls around anymore :) This crystal angel was her present from Marc. It's about 10 inches high and is absolutely beautiful. It feels wonderful too and I kept running my hand over it.
On Thursday, Pam had invited the coffee ladies round before she went back to school on Friday. Unfortunately, because Pam changed jobs within the school she can't get to our Thursday morning coffees any more :o(. In the end only Carol and I could make it as Sarah had had to take her son Matt to hospital that morning with apendicitis.
I was also meant to go to Ikea with Iain and Louise on Thursday afternoon but Emily really didn't want to go and because it was her last day of holiday I decided to stay at home. I ended up phoning Iain during the afternoon to ask if he could pick up the bookcase I had wanted to get, which he did. We got it assembled on Thursday evening and I'm really pleased with it. I know it still looks a bit bare at the moment but I'm sure that'll change soon enough.
Friday was back to school day for Emily. I can't believe I didn't take a photo!! I'll have to rectify that by taking one on Monday instead. Her first day back went well and she went round to her friends house after school which meant I could go to the quilt exhibition at Hever Castle. Myung San has asked me to go a few times but this is the first year I've actually gone. We enjoyed walking round looking at all the quilts on display and also enjoyed looking at the stalls with quilting supplies. Makes me want to get started again .... watch this space!!
A quilt on display at The Quilt Room from Dorking's stall. Loved this one!!
This was a quilt submitted for display. It was so quaint and reminded me so much of Kath Kidston's things - I had to take a photo!!
It's now Saturday lunch time and I haven't done half the things I had intended to do this morning so I need to get off the computer and get to work. Enjoy your weekend.
xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt next to your new bookcase. Did you make it? I love the colors as well as the pattern.

    ReplyDelete