Saturday 30 January 2010

Chocolate Brownies

This morning I decided I should use up some of the Bournville chocolate I had so that I don't eat it all. Everyone seems to love Chocolate Brownies and these ones are delicious. Please note that they are on the cake stand :) Thanks Deb!!
.
For those of you who may like to try these out, here's the recipe
.
CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Makes about 16 large and 25 small ones
180g (6oz) butter
180g (6oz) good dark chocolate (though I use Bournville and they're fine)
3 eggs
250g (9oz) caster sugar
110g (4oz) plain flour
100 - 150g (3.5 - 5.5oz) chopped walnuts or muesli (optional)
.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line the bottom of a 20cm (8") square tin, or a small 23 x 33cm / 9 x 13in) swiss roll tin, with greaseproof paper or tin foil. Carefully melt the butter and chocolate in a pan on a low heat.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. When the chocolate has melted, let it cool for a minute and then mix it with the eggs and sugar in the bowl. Stir in the flour and nuts (if using) and beat to combine. Empty into the prepared tin and place in the oven. Cook for 32 - 42 minutes (depending on the oven). When cooked it should be crisp on top but still slightly dense and fudgy inside.
Cut into squares, and when it has cooled, take it out of the tin.
.
I line the tin with parchment paper and omit the nuts because Claire doesn't eat nuts. Please let me know if you try the recipe and if you enjoyed the brownies as much as we do.
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Thank you for your visit. I am drooling over your brownies, they look delicious, I can smell them here. :))It is just that I am on a diet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I attempted it today and they didn't turn out too bad - I will have to continue to make them now so I can perfect my technique ;)

    ReplyDelete